Acute Coccidiosis In Poultry
Acute Coccidiosis In Poultry is a parasitic disease caused by Eimeria spp under the family of apicomplexan characteristics by enteritis by enteritis in poultry. the parasite grows & multiply intracellularly in epithelial & subepithelial cell in the intestine causing Coccidiosis in poultry.
The Emeria are highly host-specific. They have a direct life cycle with transmission between hosts by way of a resistant oocyst.
There are three types of clinical signs
- Per Acute- Sudden start mortality without bloody drooping
- Acute- Onset mortality not start but bloody drooping present
- Chronic- Emaciated day with yellowish surrounding body parts like comb, shank, eyelid
Here we discussed acute types of Coccidiosis in broiler chicken. The most common clinical findings are bloody stool/diarrhea in acute stages of coccidiosis.
Toltrazuril acts on developing 1st schizont & 2nd generation schizont as well gametes of Emeria tenella but others anticoccidials acts on deferents stages. Emeria tenella rapid multiplication triggers by developing schizont & gametes stages. Other drugs are diclazuril, amprolium, sulfur drugs, etc.
- Artificial Hatching of Eggs In Poultry - April 23, 2021
- Chickens with Coccidiosis-Symptoms And Treatment - April 13, 2021
- Water Acidification In Poultry- Importance And Benefits - April 5, 2021