Coccidiosis In broiler
Coccidiosis is a parasitic disease which is caused by protozoa of the phylum Apicomplexa genus Emeria in poultry.
There are seven most important species of coccidia which causing coccidiosis in different site of intestinal tract of poultry. Example
Emeria acervulina- in duodenum
Emeria maxima – InJejunum
Emeria nicartrix- in Ileum
Emeria tenella– In Ceacum
There are three types of clinical signs
- Per Acute- Sudden start mortality without bloody drooping
- Acute- Onset mortality not start but bloody drooping present
- Chronic- Emaciated day day with yellowish surrounding body parts like comb, shank, eyelid
Here we discussed Per acute types Coccidiosis in broiler chicken.
This stages associated with Emeria tenella, Emeria nicartrix & Emeria brunetti which are considered as highly pathogenic coccidia causing massive haemorrhage & mortality in broiler chicken.
Common indicative signs are yellowish color due to destruction of red blood cell but increased bilirubin levels, mainly found in three site of the body. Now takes look
- Artificial Hatching of Eggs In Poultry - April 23, 2021
- Chickens with Coccidiosis-Symptoms And Treatment - April 13, 2021
- Water Acidification In Poultry- Importance And Benefits - April 5, 2021