Fowl Typhoid (FT) is a bacterial disease caused by Salmonella gallinerum. It is mainly found in salmonella serovar.
General characteristics of S.gallinerum
1) It is a gram-negative bacteria, non-sporogenic and facultative aerobics
2) It looks like a slender rod which .3-1.5 in width and 1-.15 in length
3) Basically, fowl typhoid single presents in infection but occasionally found with salmonella pullorum disease.
4) salmonella gallinerum showing motile activity on the growth medium due to the presence of flagella gene c on the flagella.
5) However, Sarovar carries a mutation in 5 genes which is cheM, flhA, flhB, flgI and flies k