Clinical signs of gout in Poultry
Clinical signs of gout in poultry are also called hyperglycemia, urolithiasis, uroliths in poultry. It is easily identified with a naked eye. The common clinical signs of gout are-
- peracute death. it also called sleeping death
- Stiff gait
- vent pasting with sudden death
- Affected chicks appear dull with raffled feather
Besides, clinical signs also depend on metabolic disorders some infectious agents are culprits for gout in poultry. The most predominant site of infection is the kidney. overall clinical signs showing in the kidney of poultry.
The kidney is a vital organ of the bird with diverse metabolic and excretory functions for instance. maintaining the chemical composition of body fluids, removal of metabolic waste and toxic products, regulation of blood pressure and blood volume, and conservation of fluids and electrolytes.
The clinical signs are showing the duration of uric acid deposition of the particular organs of the poultry.
Types Of Clinical Signs
The clinical signs are showing the duration of uric acid deposition of the particular organs of the poultry. Gout is characterized by depression, dehydration, and sometimes greenish diarrhea. On the basis of time to stay uric acid in the body of poultry, clinical signs of gout poultry are basically dived into two types.
1. Acute Signs
- It is occurred the onset in the poultry without showing clinical signs. it starts from day old to mature birds.
- The most susceptible species are broiler birds where growth rate is faster than other birds due to higher purine metabolism takes place.
But occasionally, found in laying pullet, laying chicken and other species.
The common clinical signs are
Chronic gout is rarely seen in poultry. For this reason, we can not discuss the topic. Besides, clinical signs of acute gout are commonly found in poultry.