Eggs Incubator Management
Egg incubator management is an essential part of the hatching of eggs. Proper management of incubator leads to hatching rate and early mortality of the chicks. The incubator is being used as an artificially hatching-a-day-old chick.
- Its hatch the eggs artificially with the help of an incubator.
- It helps to hatch rate
- Its stimulates produce day-old chicks in a contamination-free environment
- it contributes to lesser mortality during incubation
Eggs Incubator management depends on some prerequisite requirements and it is must be needed. There are basic requirements is below-
1. Incubator machine
2. Egg candler
3. Eggs to be hatched
1. Cleaning and Disinfection
Cleaning and Disinfection of Incubator The incubator is to be cleaned thoroughly. The interior of the machine is to be cleaned out with a 4 % solution of washing soda followed by disinfection with phenyl or Lysol. Loose fittings of the machine are to be removed, and washed and decontaminate individually, and be fitted at their respective places.
The incubators are to be fumigated with formaldehyde gas [40% formalin on potassium permanganate (KMn04)].
The amount required
20g KMn04 and 40ml formalin for 100 cubic ft area (lx concentration) for 3-4 hours. KMn04 crystals are to be taken in an enamel bowl and kept at the bottom of the incubator; then formalin is to be poured over it to liberate formaldehyde gas.
The enamel container should have sufficient volumetric capacity to avoid overflowing during the reaction. Prior fumigation thermometers are to be removed as during fumigation excessive heat production may damage these sensitive parts of the incubator. Air inlet and the outlet is to be closed properly to conserve the fumigated gas inside the incubator. However, it is to be ventilated properly before the setting of eggs to remove traces of poisonous gas. Bird or human ns to prevent fatal effects should not inhale the formaldehyde gas.
3. Testing of Incubator
Before for the actual setting of eggs, the incubator machine is to be tested for its various tasks like maintaining the desired temperature and humidity, turning of eggs and ventilation mechanism. The incubator is to be on for at least 24 hours to make sure that it is all right.
4. Actual Management of the Incubator
- Adjusting the incubator for all functions according to the manufacturer’s instructions and as per requirements specific to a species of bird-like temperature, humidity (dry bulb and wet bulb thermometer), turning mechanism and ventilation.
- Placing of eggs: The selected eggs are to be placed in upright position i.e., with a broad end up position.
• All the regulations are maintained automatically; so strong vigil is to be kept for mechanical fault if any.
• After adjusting the incubator and set of eggs, the machine should not be opened frequently to avoid interference in maintaining temperature and humidity in it.
Manual On Avian production And Management by Dr. Nilotpal Ghosh and Dr. Rajarshi SamantaFollow Us
- Artificial Hatching of Eggs In Poultry - April 23, 2021
- Chickens with Coccidiosis-Symptoms And Treatment - April 13, 2021
- Water Acidification In Poultry- Importance And Benefits - April 5, 2021