Necrotic Enteritis In Laying Chicken is a bacterial disease caused by clostridium perfringenes which are gram-positive & facultative anaerobic organisms. Necrotic enteritis has a sporadic pattern of diseases in chickens. probably all types of poultry affected but it is the most affected laying chicken.
Source of Infection
In Laying chicken mostly affected due to intake mass feed regularly that contains fish meal/ meat bone protein concentration which source of clostridium perfringenes organism which causes necrotic enteritis in laying chicken. Necrotic enteritis also occurred in late winter when farmers closed their chicken shed by polythene or others which create an anaerobic environment inside the shed that favorable for clostridium perfringenes causing Necrotic enteritis in laying chicken.
It is a bacterial disease that is caused by Clostridium perfringenes organisms. It is the most devastating disease for poultry due to the huge economic impact of around 6-7 billion us dollars globally.
Related post- Low pathogenic avian influenza Treatment in poultry
Now represent a clinical sign which collected from hi-line brown laying hen
- laying hen showing droopiness due to inflammation at intestine at cages Necrotic Enteritis
- Characteristics orange color mixed with urate layer at acute stage infection at 70 weeks laying hen by Necrotic Enteritis
- Brown to orange color feces at acute stages in Necrotic Enteritis
- Orange color feces at Acute stage by NE infection in 70 weeks laying hen
- Eggshell breakage just apex side of eggs due to low feed intake in NE on 70-week bird
- Eggs became pale, reduced size & breakage due to birds anorexic by Clostridium perfringenes infection.
- Prolapse of the uterus is a common scenario in the necrotic infection in the laying chicken
As necrotic Enteritis caused by gram-positive bacteria, it is the most sensitive to penicillin types antibiotics. The normal penicillin types of antibiotics types drugs are Amoxycillin, ampicillin, carbenicillin, ticarcillin, and piperacillin, amoxicillin, nafcillin, oxacillin, dicloxacillin, flucloxacillin, and others such as lincomycin.
Related Post- The best drugs for intestinal coccidial spp in poultry
this infection always associated with intestinal coccidia called Emeria acervulina. maxima and others. to treat coccidial infection, using gut active sulphonamide such as sulphaclozine sodium, sulphadimidine, sulphadiazine along with potentiated sulphonamide, etc.
- ESSENTIAL POULTRY FEED INGREDIENTS AND THEIRCOMPOSITION - December 29, 2022
- Steps for Drinking Water Vaccination In Poultry - August 2, 2021
- Fowl Pox in Broiler And Layer - July 8, 2021