Organic Poultry feed
Organic poultry feed is defined as a feed that is always fresher because it does not contain preservatives that make it last longer. not contain harmful chemicals – There is no need to worry if the feed has been exposed to antibiotics, added hormones, and other artificial drugs.
WHY Organic Poultry Feed is Better?
Organic poultry feed is generally more expensive than conventional feed, often resulting in eggs and meat being twice as costly as the conventional products. Therefore, while there is an increasing demand for organic eggs eat.
Factors for why it better?
Some Important factors are associated with the background of organic poultry farming throughout the world. Organic Chicken Farm has been rising stages are always bound to fulfill consumers’ demands. But some important issues should minimize to availability of organic poultry products.
Consumer research indicates that ethical concerns related to standards of animal welfare also play a significant role in the decision to purchase organic poultry food like egg, meat. In addition, there is evidence that animal welfare is used by consumers as an indicator of other product attributes, such as safety health.
European data show that organic eggs represent 10–20% of total egg sales is a willingness of consumers to pay a relatively high price premium for these eggs. Another development showing a change in consumer have behavior that many supermarkets in North America now sell organic poultry products.
Organic Poultry producers have to be supplied at a price acceptable to the consumer. This will be a particular challenge or the regions at having harsher climates and a lower supply of organic feedstuffs than southern, more productive, regions.
A major challenge facing the organic poultry feed industry tents global shortage of organic feedstuffs. It is exacerbated by the objective in Europe of requiring the feed to be 100% organic by 31 December 2017 and a 110-fold increase in the global production of GM crops since 1996 (ISAAA, 2017).
Due to the shortage of organic feedstuff, this objective could not be achieved. As A result, Europeo union Commission taking the decision to prolong the feed derogation for organic pigs and poultry that had been due to expire at the end of 2017.
Organic feed is considered to be organic if it contains 10-15% non-organic feed ingredients. It is not acceptable in some regions in the world.
Organic Feed Category
In general, the feed for use in organic poultry production must contain ingredients from three categories only:
- 1. Agricultural products that have been produced and handle organically, preferably from the farm itself.
- 2. Non-synthetic substances such as enzymes, probiotics, and others considered being natural ingredients.
- 3. Synthetic substances that have been approved for use in organic poultry production.
General Requirement of organic feed
- the feed is intended to ensure quality production of the birds rather than maximizing production while meeting the nutritional requirements of the stock at various stages of their development.
2. This requirement is extended in some jurisdictions to require that poultry be allowed access to pasture, a requirement based mainly on welfare rather than nutritional considerations since herbage and soil invertebrates do not constitute an important source of nutrients for poultry.
Nutrition and Feeding f of Organic Feeding, Robert Blair 2nd editionFollow Us
- Artificial Hatching of Eggs In Poultry - April 23, 2021
- Chickens with Coccidiosis-Symptoms And Treatment - April 13, 2021
- Water Acidification In Poultry- Importance And Benefits - April 5, 2021