Tylvalosin tartrate is a new third-generation macrolide with 16-membered lactone antibiotics in poultry and obtained from tylosin by the change of 3-acetyl-40-isovaleryl group to be acetyl isovaleryl tylosin tartrate which is the best effective on Avian mycoplasmosis and mildly necrotic enteritis in Poultry and chicken.
Indication And Uses
Tylvalosin possesses a wide range of biological activities and significant therapeutic uses. It is the best drug for mycoplasmosis infections in Poultry.
It is the best drugs for the treatment of mycoplasmosis in poultry associated following diseases-
- Complex chronic respiratory disease (CCRD)
- Mycoplasma synovae infections
The second application of the tylvalosin on necrotic enteritis which is caused by the clostridium perfingenes.
It is also active on following micro-organism such as-
- Brachyspira pilosicoli,
- Brachyspira hyodysenteriae
- Bacteroides species
General Characteristics of Tylvalosin
- Rapidly absorbed and widely distributed
- Acts intracellular ANTIBIOTICS
- One of the metabolites 3AT is also microbiology active.
- Low minimum inhibition concentration (MIC)
Mode of action
It acts as bacteriostatic and bactericidal antibiotics. It is inhibited protein synthesis by reversibly binding to the 50S ribosome subunit of the mycoplasma app and killed it effectively.
Tylvalosin binds to the donor site and prevents the translocation necessary for keeping the peptide chain growing. Its effect is essentially confined to rapidly dividing organisms
Dose and Dosages of tylvalosin
For treating mycoplasmosis in poultry, a Dose of tylvalosin at 25mg/kg body weight continues for 3 days. According to pharmaceutical preparations, tylvalosin dose 1gm/5litre water for 5 days.
In preventing mycoplasmosis in poultry, a dose of tylvalosin 12.5 mg/kg body weight continues as usual period.
Incase of necrotic enteritis treatment, the dose of tylvalosin @25mg/kg body weight continues for 24 hours time for 5 to 7 days.
For prevention of necrotic enteritis, the dose of tylvalosin tartrate @ 12.5 mg/kg body weight continues for 7 days.
Over dosages in poultry
It is well tolerated drugs in Poultry. Study shows that, Maximum tolerated @150 mg/ kg body weight. There is no side effects shown on animals. So, safety margin of tylvalosin is about 6 times from recommend dose.
Recent Study of tylvalosin in poultry
- Tylvalosin is an effective intracellular acting antibiotics. The intracellular concentration is 12 times higher than extracellular concentration.
- The mic (minimum inhibition concentration) of tylvalosin against M.gallisepticum very low compared to Doxycycline and danofloxacin.
- Moreover, it directly acts on immune system by driving the difference of monocytes to macrophages and enhance immunity.
Tylvalosin Vs tylosin
Moreover, Tylvalosin is better than tylosin in the higher intracellular penetration and accumulation inside respiratory and gut epithelial cells as well as phagocytic cells.
Furthermore, Tylvalosinwas is shown to exhibit anti-inflammatory-like characteristics and alleviates acute lung damage. Such data could suggest a substantially improved effect of Tylvalosin vs. tylosin.
Related Post- TIAMULIN IN POULTRYFollow Us
- ESSENTIAL POULTRY FEED INGREDIENTS AND THEIRCOMPOSITION - December 29, 2022
- Steps for Drinking Water Vaccination In Poultry - August 2, 2021
- Fowl Pox in Broiler And Layer - July 8, 2021